Thursday, February 28, 2013

A Fragrance, a Fluster, a Firework of Flowers

Flowers, flowers and more flowers...........

Colors, smells, voices at work, at shop and at play.........full assault on all the senses and time to focus...the camera!!


City market with some other camera hustling gals and our photography maestro - Hema. When I first met Hema I had just got my first 'real' camera and could just about take a pic on full automatic. I think I have got a little better - so thanks to Hema: www.hemanarayanan.com

The entrance gave a taste of what was to come.......


From above it looked a seething mass of color!



And now trying a little technical trick.....to give an impression of movement, hustle and bustle, a blur of colors.......

Flowers arrive in the early morning - apparently the seriously early morning - like 4.30am. They are then woven/thread/twisted into garlands. The speed and dexterity at which these male and female hands move and the beauty of what they produce is  quite stunning.




The garlands are then sold individually or as a job lot..........


Of course the presentation is paramount:


 Some are however oblivious to the surrounding beauty....technology taking precedence.....


I'm not usually pushed to a sensory overload but this came close - I left the market with a huge bindi, flowers in my hair, and an orange - all gifts from the amazing flower market folks with whom we interacted - these are the best of my flower pics - the fruit and veg pics, the people pics have yet to come...and I have already made a date with some of my camera toting buds to revisit......





No comments:

Post a Comment