Thursday, November 4, 2010

No furniture but the eggnog lattes have arrived at Starbucks!

We are now living a very minimalist existence which is strangely liberating but rather depressing. We have 4 chairs and a bed each (well that's a bit of an exaggeration as Adam only has a mattress). Pruning and sorting definitely makes you realize how much clutter and unnecessary stuff we have. My new bff is the guy on the Goodwill van, there is stuff stored in the attic and we still had a huge amount of stuff to ship.

We are now down to 8 suitcases of possessions. I'm going to be so fed up of my meager selection of clothing when we are reunited with our container. I have already managed to spill some old cleansing fluid down my one long pair of jeans- which won't come off. So I am either going to have to go Jean shopping - one of my least favorite activities - why is it so hard to find jeans to fit? Or slop some more of the stuff on and go for a patchy bleached look.

We are now dogless found a wonderful home for Samson. He has a new brother - they are both Aussie crosses, getting on in years- and dog loving owners. As they don't have kids I have to admit he'll probably get more attention than he is used to here. So far the kids don't seem to be really missing him which surprises me.

To go back to this blogs title - eggnog lattes are my favorite star bucks tipple and I thought I might miss them this year - but this week they arrived!! - how many can I drink before November 18th?

Kids have 8 more days at school, we have 2 weekends left here, 15 nights in this house, adam has 3 soccer games and 4 practices, - yes we are now counting down.

No comments:

Post a Comment